This R/C model assembly kit creates a 4WD buggy, with a lightweight and durable stylized polycarbonate version of the legendary Hot Shot body. The reimagined comical body comes pre-painted in red and all that is needed is the application of the included stickers, and voila! A new, Comical Hot Shot which pays homage to Tamiya’s classic 1985 Hot Shot kit! The GF-01CB chassis in which the body sits on top of is a gear-driven unit that provides a thrilling drive and super wheelies when you jam on the throttle.
GF-01: Seriously Stable 4WD: This gear-driven 4WD chassis is based around a lightweight and tough monocoque frame, with power provided by the centrally-positioned motor. Sealed gearboxes protect from dust and debris and are integrated into the frame, while the built-in differential gears provide smooth cornering. This is reinforced by 4-wheel double wishbone suspension with CVA oil dampers and a two-piece tie rod steering setup with the servo on the left for excellent response. Two-piece wheels are joined by ST block bubble tires, and WR-02 or GF-01 Hop-Up Option parts are available to hop-up your model.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- Includes a lightweight and durable stylized polycarbonate version of the Hotshot body and wing, developed specially for this model. The body is pre-painted in PS-2 Red. Stickers based upon the 2007 re-issue Hotshot are included for decoration.
- Stylish bumper and muffler parts are included, as well as dedicated side guard components.
- Separately sold 5mm LEDs can be used to light up the model. Light pods are included.
- ST block bubble tires have stepped block patterns (width/diameter: front 45/99mm, rear 55/99mm).
- The GF-01CB chassis offers efficient gear-driven 4-wheel drive.
- ABS two-part wheels have red and white spoke parts.
- CVA Super Mini oil dampers molded in red ensure your ride has superior cushioning.
- A rear wheelie bar lets you perform thrilling wheelies by slamming on the throttle.
- Includes 540-brushed type motor.
- Requires: 2-channel radio with steering servo, ESC, 7.2 volt battery pack and compatible charger.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE Series) or a waterproof unit from Etronix or Mtroniks, which is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.