The Tamiya M-05 chassis is a fun, simple on-road chassis that takes front wheel drive mechanics and puts replica compact cars on top for fun driving thrills. This kit recreates the Suzuki Swift sport. The Swift underwent a full model change in 2017, and impressively managed to improve overall design rigidity while getting lighter. It was given a wider tread, a direct injection 1.4-liter inline-4 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission. The Tamiya assembly kit faithfully captures the body and its details in tough polycarbonate material with the body already pre-painted!
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 381mm, width: 167mm.
- Lightweight, durable polycarbonate body pre-painted in yellow. Wheel arches and the separate polycarbonate light cases come pre-cut.
- Separate injection molded parts are included to recreate side mirrors.
- The M-05 chassis is a compact unit based around a lightweight monocoque and offering great weight distribution with a low center of gravity.
- This model uses the 239mm L wheelbase.
- Comes with marking stickers to decorate the body.
- The popular M-05 chassis has a wide range of Hop-Up Option parts available to tune the chassis to any flat surface.
- Includes Tamiya 540-motor.
- Required Items: 2-Channerl radio with receiver and steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radios. All operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. All radios chosen from this page will include a steering servo as these are not included in the kit itself.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have several choices. The standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) suits many situations but is not water proof. Where a model number is shown (e.g. 20 or 15) that is the motor capacity of the unit - the lower the number, the more powerful a motor you can nstall later. All work with the motor in the kit.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time.
Charger: Charge time is proportional to the battery you choose. Some examples - for the 1800 battery (others will take longer) - Overnight charger takes around 6 hours, Mid Speed around 2 to 3 hours, Ansmann 3 amp around 40 minutes and Hyper Delta around 30 minutes (if in the car, takes around an hour in the house).