Tamiya is no stranger to recreating classic cars from different eras! This specific kit recreates a true classic in the form of the Volkswagen Karmann Ghia. The Karmann Ghia was a stylish coupé based upon the same platform as the legendary Beetle. Its body was designed by Italian firm Ghia and manufactured by the German company Karmann. The polycarbonate body in this replica sits on top of the Tamiya RWD M-06 chassis.
Great RR Performance from the M-06
The M-06 chassis features a rear-mounted motor, rear-drive setup and features a longitudinally-mounted battery pack, with R/C equipment positioned on either side for optimum balance and a low center of gravity. 4-wheel double wishbone suspension uses metal-plated wheels, equipped with 60D radial tires at the front and 60D super grip tires at the rear. In addition, a 3-piece steering linkage offers nimble handling response. A large bumper is included.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 410mm, width: 182mm, height: 125mm.
- Lightweight and durable polycarbonate. Separate plated parts depict side mirror, bumpers and light cases.
- Includes marking stickers, and window masking stickers for use during the painting process.
- The M-06 chassis features a rear-motor, RWD setup with a longitudinally-mounted battery pack and R/C units positioned on either side for optimum balance and a low center of gravity.
- This model utilizes the 239mm wheelbase M-06L chassis.
- Metal-plated wheels paired with front radial and rear super grip radials for superior stability and sharp handling.
- A host of Hop-Up Option parts are available to customize the chassis to your driving needs.
- Includes Tamiya 540-motor.
- Required Items: 2-Channel radio with receiver and steering servo, ESC, 7.2volt battery pack with compatible charger, and Tamiya PS paint.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.