The original Grasshopper needs little introduction. It was a Tamiya legend which inspired legions of fans since the 1980s. For many, it was their very first introduction into the world of radio control assembly kits. The original Grasshopper is still among Tamiya’s best-selling kits to this day. Now the legend is re-imagined as the Comical Grasshopper, with a new body inspired by the famous original. The re-imagined body sits on a new and dedicated variant of the proven off-road chassis: the WR-02CB.
• 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 356mm, width: 244mm. Wheelbase: 170mm.
• Superb performance both on- and off-road.
• Durable monocoque centerpiece and inline battery pack position, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension and 2-piece steering tie-rod set up.
• Polycarbonate body.
• Sticker design based on the original Grasshopper.
• Includes headlight cases, allowing installation of separately sold 5mm LEDs. They use separate polycarbonate lens components.
• Driver figure included.
• Suspension arms feature multiple damper attachment holes for easily adjustable performance.
• New 2-piece wheels molded in durable ABS.
• New tire design, with rib pattern front and block pattern rear.
• Oil-filled CVA Mini shock units provide superb cushioning, even on rough off-road surfaces.
• Includes 540-type brushed motor.
• Requires: 2-channel radio/receiver, steering servo, ESC, 7.2-volt battery pack & charger, and Tamiya PS/TS paint.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radios. All operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. All radios chosen from this page will include a steering servo as these are not included in the kit itself.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have several choices. The standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) suits many situations but is not water proof. Where a model number is shown (e.g. 20 or 15) that is the motor capacity of the unit - the lower the number, the more powerful a motor you can nstall later. All work with the motor in the kit.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time.
Charger: Charge time is proportional to the battery you choose. Some examples - for the 1800 battery (others will take longer) - Overnight charger takes around 6 hours, Mid Speed around 2 to 3 hours, Ansmann 3 amp around 40 minutes and Hyper Delta around 30 minutes (if in the car, takes around an hour in the house).