This model recreates the Buggyra Racing Fat Fox piloted in the 2018 season of the European truck racing circuit by 2017 champion Adam Lacko. The realistic body is a 3-piece set made from lightweight and durable polycarbonate, with separately molded plastic side mirrors, coupler and rear bumper parts. The TT-01 Type-E chassis is a proven performer, and this chassis is fitted with dedicated semi-truck wheels and tires for the model.
TT-01 E Chassis
The bathtub frame of the evolved shaft-driven 4WD TT-01 Type-E has its motor and battery close to the ground for lower center of gravity and optimum balance. Mounted on the bathtub frame is a fiberglass reinforced nylon upper deck and gear covers improving rigidity, as well as a 3-piece tie rod providing a smoother steering action. The low center of gravity, great balanced design, 4-wheel double wishbone suspension system, and front and rear differential gears all come together to produce excellent operating ability. 70mm-diameter radial tires are paired with wheels developed just for this model; the high sidewalls make for forgiving turns.
- 1/14 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 420mm, width: 187mm, height: 188mm.
- The Buggyra Fat Fox form is captured by a 3-piece polycarbonate body (2 cab components and body) put together using double-sided tape.
- Separate polycarbonate rear fender and coupler parts, molded plastic side mirrors and 2-piece rear bumper.
- Included stickers recreating the sponsors and livery of the #1 truck for the 2018 season, driven by Adam Lacko.
- Black molded wheels and 70mm diameter radial tires are specifically designed for racing truck models.
- Features molded parts compatible with 5mm taillight LEDs in separately-sold Tamiya LED Light Unit.
- The TT-01 Type-E chassis features shaft-driven 4WD with easy handling and great customizability.
- TT-01 Type-E chassis Hop-Up Options available.
- Includes 540-Type Brushed motor.
The Tamiya radio control replica faithfully captures the giant race truck. The polycarbonate body sits atop the TT-01 E chassis, which is designed for easy assembly and maintenance.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radios. All operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. All radios chosen from this page will include a steering servo as these are not included in the kit itself.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have several choices. The standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) suits many situations but is not water proof. Where a model number is shown (e.g. 20 or 15) that is the motor capacity of the unit - the lower the number, the more powerful a motor you can nstall later. All work with the motor in the kit.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time.
Charger: Charge time is proportional to the battery you choose. Some examples - for the 1800 battery (others will take longer) - Overnight charger takes around 6 hours, Mid Speed around 2 to 3 hours, Ansmann 3 amp around 40 minutes and Hyper Delta around 30 minutes (if in the car, takes around an hour in the house).