Another big name joins the world of Tamiya R/C: the Land Rover Defender is an enduring vehicle that traces it's lineage back to the original Land Rover cars first released in the immediate post-WWII era.
This model recreates an early version of the Defender 90 (so named on account of it's wheelbase length), the shorter wheel base variant of the car.
• This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 457mm, width: 200mm, height: 214mm, wheelbase: 242mm.
• The classic Defender 90 form is accurately captured by the polycarbonate body, with slide moulding used for great detail such as rear panel surfaces.
• Includes separately moulded parts for grille, side mirrors, light cases and tire cover.
• Includes LED Lights
• Matt plated wheels are paired with realistic tires featuring authentic tread pattern.
• Highly reliable CC-01 chassis features a full-time 4WD system and front double wishbone, rear 4-link rigid suspension equipped with 4 CVA oil dampers.
• An expansive range of option parts is available to customize the CC-01 chassis.
CC-01 Chassis is Tamiya’s ultimate platform for mounting precise scale renditions of off road classics.
With built in wheel arches, sealed front and rear gear boxes with precision engineered differentials and shaft driven 4WD via universal joints, it replicates all the rugged realism of the Defender 90 – as such it is the ultimate platform to carry this iconic body.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.