The Toyota 86 has been a highly anticipated sports car since the 2009 Tokyo Motor Show. In 2012 the vehicle was finally released to markets around the world. In Japan it is known as the Toyota 86. In Europe it is known as the GT-86 and in the USA and North America it is known as the Scion FR-S. The new Toyota 86 R/C body is mounted on Tamiya's proven mid-level assembly kit, the TA-06.
- Scale: 1/10 scale
- Construction type: assembly kit
- Terrain use: on-road
- Drive-train: 4WD
- Drive type: multi
- Drive line: dog bone
- Differential type: gear
- Suspension: fully independent double wishbone
- Steering mechanism: bell-crank
- Shock damper: oil-filled damper
- Shock damper material: plastic
- Tyre type: rubber
- Tyre tread: slick
- Body material: Clear Polycarbonate
- ESC: not included
- LED Light buckets: no
- LED lights: no
- Motor type: 540-brushed type
- Bearings: shielded ball bearing
- Chassis material: plastic
- Sticker material: vinyl
- Adjustable camber: yes
- Adjustable toe angles: front and rear
- Adjustable ride height: yes
- Adjustable gear ratio: yes
- Adjustable wheelbase: yes
- Adjustable track width: yes
- Adjustable shock angle: yes
- Anti-squat adjustment: yes
- Droop adjustment: yes
- Requires: 7.2 battery & charger
- Requires: polycarbonate paint
- Requires: radio gear, servo, receiver
These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during
assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already
includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering
Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new
Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time
without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You
have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks
Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows
slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to
Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's
unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2
to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40
minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one
of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own,
please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found
by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.