The multi-purpose Mercedes-Benz Unimog is a truck with unrivalled off-road performance and its name is an acronym which stands for the German description "Universal-Motor-Gerät." The 406, which also has the ability to equip any of approximately 3,000 attachments for every imaginable task, now is depicted on the proven Tamiya CC-02 chassis.
CC-02 Chassis - Off Road, Evolved: Designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, the CC-02 chassis' ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability. A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear. Four-link rigid suspension is employed front and rear, with CVA oil dampers for all-encompassing control, even on tricky rock sections. This model comes with red wheels and grippy block pattern tires.
- 1/10 R/C model assembly kit. Length: 384mm, width: 196mm, height: 224mm. Wheelbase: 242mm.
- Polycarbonate body with separate parts included for side mirrors and fuel tank, plus a metal-plated front grille and emblem.
- The new polycarbonate body is pre-painted in PS-32 Corsa Gray (lower body sections in black), pre-cut body/wheel arches for minimal hassle. LED lights are also included in this limited edition pack.
- Includes block pattern tires, and red ABS wheels with a depiction of bead lock designs.
- Propeller shafts (short: 76mm) included.
- The CC-02 chassis is designed for a wide range of off-road scenes including rocky terrain, and its ladder frame is inspired by full-size vehicles and is the base for its superior durability.
- A 4WD setup employs the motor longitudinally behind the front axle with separated gearbox and transfer case, and propeller shafts transmitting power to the differential gears front and rear.
- Includes 540-brushed type motor.
- Requires: 2-channel radio with steering servo, 7.2 volt battery pack and compatible charger, and Tamiya PS polycarbonate paint. Paint isn't included in our deals.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.