This car features a pre-cut and pre-painted body - all you need to do is put the stickers on. The model is a limited production kit which will not become part of the ongoing main range.
This assembly kit is a fun build for fans of both classic R/C models and cartoons, as the Super Storm Dragon (previously known as the Super Dragon Body Set) is now available in a complete kit with a chassis for the first time! The Super Dragon appeared in the classic 1980s Japanese comic R/C Boy and gained a big following in both plastic and print.
- 1/10 assembly kit. Length: 410mm, width: 230mm, height: 130mm.
- Incorporates the lightweight and rigid Hornet chassis design. Utilizes engineering plastic bathtub frame, suspension arms, bumper and more.
- The front has a coil-sprung independent swing axle suspension setup, while the rear rolling rigid axle suspension employs oil dampers.
- A rear differential provides smooth cornering and is protected from dust and dirt in its sealed gearbox.
- Features three-piece assembly wheels.
- Front grooved tyres and high-grip rear spike tyres facilitate super handling.
- Polycarbonate body, pre-cut and pre-painted in white.
- Includes: 540 brushed type motor.
- Requires: 2-channel radio with receiver and steering servo, ESC unit and 7.2volt battery with compatible charger.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.