The Ferrari 312T3 returns! Not seen since 1991, this special limited-edition release has been re-imagined on the Tamiya F104W F-1 chassis.
The 312T3 made its debut in the 1978 South African Grand Prix. Underneath its aerodynamically polished body with a 3-liter 12-cylinder 510hp engine. Drivers C. Reutemann and G. Villeneuve took the 312T3 to 4 victories for the season and the runner-up spot in the 1978 Constructors’ Championship.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 447mm, width: 201mm.
- Polycarbonate & ABS body parts. It features a bumper to go under the front wing, and a helmeted driver figure.
- Wings and wheels are metal plated.
- Bonus body! A separate standard polycarbonate body is also included in the kit.
- The F104W chassis has F103 front suspension arms to replicate the wide form of the 312T3. It utilizes an FRP semi-double deck (upper: 2mm, lower: 3.2mm) and longitudinal battery position.
- Highly efficient direct drive 2WD features the motor pinion directly connected to the spur gear which has a built-in ball differential.
- Gear case allows 5 different ground clearances.
- Kingpin coil spring front and T-bar rear suspension setups provide smooth and precise driving characteristics.
- 2 car markings: (Nos.11 and 12 included).
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.