At the beginning of the 1960s Ford UK were looking for possibilities of increasing car sales by means of successes in motor sports and developed a suitable sports programme. In 1963 the stylish Cortina with Lotus engine parts was launched and made an immediate impact with numerous successes on race and rally tracks. Rainer Schwedt, owner of the blue and white car, has been engaged in motor sportfor 35 years. After a successful entry in the national rally in the mid 1970s and later successes in the German rally championships, from 1999 onwards the 1993 European FIA GT Cup champion devoted his efforts with the Cortina to the circuits and the European historic rally championships. Since 2004 the dentist with the Cortina has taken part in touring car championships and until 2007 in the HTGT (Historic Touring Car and GT trophy). The model shows the livery of his Cortina in the Old Timer Grand Prix 2007.
- Models with super-fine details
- Models meet the currently high standard of Slot Car collector's items
- Vehicles are finely and authenticalle printed
- Vehicles feature a driver's figure, individually painted for each vehicle
- Compatible with all commercial track systems
- Further new items are in the pipeline