TO CLARIFY, THIS IS A PRE-ORDER AND WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL APPROX OCTOBER 2018.
Tamiya will only be making this model if there is sufficient worldwide demand, so:
1: Please order it if you want it.
2: Pre-Orders cannot be guaranteed as they might not make it or might not make enough. If you order though and it is made, you are committing to buy one.
3: Do no pre-pay. We can't refund you in August if you pay in January and then they cancel it, as there is a 90 day limit on refunds. Any pre-payments will be refunded.
4: Please choose the "PHONE ME FOR PAYMENT" option. We will contact you for a deposit only once production has been *CONFIRMED*.
This is a re-release of the iconic Egress 4WD off-road racing buggy. The Egress first appeared in 1989. It was a follow up kit to the Avante, which had a huge fan following. The original Egress featured stacks of special racing parts. The Egress (2013) builds upon the racy original of the same name, adding modern parts to bring it fully up to speed with available battery and motor technologies available in the hobby market today.
Improvements over the original include full bearings, ball differential and universal joints in the drive line. The classic "upgraded Avante" features remain.
- Scale : 1/10
- Construction type : assembly kit
- Terrain use : off-road
- Drive-train : 4WD
- Drive type : shaft
- Drive line : universal
- Differential type : ball pressure plate
- Suspension : fully independent double wishbone
- Steering mechanism : bell-crank
- Shock damper : oil-filled damper
- Shock damper material : aluminium
- Tire type : rubber
- Tire tread : pin spike
- Body material : Polycarbonate
- Chassis material : carbon fibre plate
- Motor : not included
- Bearings : shielded ball bearing
- Adjustable camber : yes
- Adjustable toe angles : front only
- Adjustable ground clearance : yes
- Adjustable gear ratio : yes
- Adjustable wheelbase : fixed
- Adjustable track width : fixed
- Adjustable shock angle : yes
- Special feature 1 : Length: 430mm, Width: 243mm, Height: 157mm.
- Special feature 2 : Features a number of carbon fibre-reinforced parts such as upper/lower decks & central torque-splitter diff.
- Special feature 3 : Lightweight wheels are fitted with hybrid spike tires.
- Special feature 4 : Newly-designed parts such as ball differentials and universal joints give smooth power transfer.
- Special feature 5 : Long wheelbase carbon fibre-reinforced chassis is fitted with center one-way.
- Requires A : 7.2 battery & charger
- Requires B : 2-channel radio gear & electronic speed control
- Requires C : polycarbonate paint
- Requires D : motor
Please note, this exacting, performance oriented kit does not include a motor or speed controller. We would recommend one of our Tamiya Brushless Conversion packs