A legend returns – the Terra Scorcher has been a trusty off-road assembly kit for R/C enthusiasts since 1988! It makes a welcome comeback in the shape of this LIMITED-EDITION kit, which features a modern chassis and some updates to the livery marking scheme.
- 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit.
- Polycarbonate body is paired with the 4WD chassis that was previously employed on the re- issued Fire Dragon (Item 58403), with further upgrades.
- Updated marking stickers keep the flavour of the 1988 original.
- Shaft-driven 4WD drivetrain provides efficient and reliable drive via universal joints and 3-bevel gear differentials in the front and rear sealed gearboxes, and enhanced by Full Ball Bearings.
- The streamlined double wishbone suspension employs upper I-arms and lower H-arms with CVA oil dampers. Upper arms are adjustable.
- Stabilisers front and rear ensure nimble handling and precision.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radio. Both radios operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. The steering wheel radio is included in the price, a traditional twin stick radio just a few pounds more.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have two choices - the standard Tamiya unit (TBLE02S) or the Mtroniks Auto Sport Tuned 20 ESC. The Mtroniks unit is waterproof and allows slightly more powerful motors. The Tamiya unit allows upgrade to Tamiya's own "brushless" motors later but isn't waterproof. Tamiya's unit goes faster in reverse. Both units feature electronic brakes. The Tamiya ESC is included in the price, the waterproof one is just a few pounds more.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time. The 1800 battery is included in the price.
Charger: You can choose to upgrade the charger - the mini peak (auto cut off) charger will take 2 to 3 hours depending on the battery, the 3 amp charger between 40 minutes and 90 minutes, and the 2 amp charger somewhere in-between. The overnight charger is included in the price.
If you would like more options, would like to choose a package without one of the above components, or wish to purchase the car kit on it's own, please search our site for the CUSTOM option of this kit - easily found by searching for the kit name or number followed by CUSTOM.
If pre-ordering this model, please choose PRE-ORDER PAYMENT and complete payment details, no charge will then be made until a few days before release. Alternatively you can pre-pay by Paypal or our regular card handler if you wish, but payment would be taken immediately in that case.