This kit is brand new but has a dented box. It's otherwise perfect.
After the Fire Dragon, the Terra Scorcher and the Thunder Dragon, Tamiya welcomes the Thunder Shot as a re-release and updated version!
This RC model has most of the basic specification inherited from item 58361, but with different CVA oil filled shock absorbers and the addition of an aluminum motor mount PLUS a pre-painted body shell.
- This RC model kit is an upgraded version of the Thunder Shot, the original of which was first produced in 1987.
- Length: 390mm, Width: 240mm, Height: 135mm.
- The polycarbonate body is pre-cut and pre-painted in white and blue, with transparent cover. (Application of stickers, assembly and painting of the driver figure required.).
- The sturdy ABS tub frame is easy to maintain.
- Aluminum motor support included in the kit.
- Independent double wishbone suspension on all 4 wheels with oil filled CVA II shock absorbers with front stabilizer bar for greater stability.
- Front and rear gear boxes are sealed and contain die-cast, compact and durable 3-planet differential gears.
- Studded tires offer excellent grip.
- Separate rear wing included (pre-painted white).
- Includes a driver figure.
Pricing Note: We have priced this kit above, as we do the whole range, assuming that you will not require the standard ESC unit. If you would like the kit with the ESC included, simply add the Carson Dragster or Tamiya TBLE04S ESC from the drop down below - which adds £15-£18 to the total. Note also, Tamiya kits do not come shrink wrapped in the UK or Japan. The box sticker may state "ESC Included" whether you order it with or without this unit.
Bearing Upgrade: These make the car run more smoothly and are easily installed during assembly. If there is no option for these shown, then the kit already includes the bearing upgrade as standard. These are entirely optional.
Radio System: There is a choice of a TWIN STICK (Traditional) radio or a Steering Wheel (Modern) radios. All operate on 2.4Ghz and use the new Crystal-Free technology, so you can run multiple cars at the same time without any interference. All radios chosen from this page will include a steering servo as these are not included in the kit itself.
ESC: This is the connection between the radio system and the motor. You have several choices. The standard Tamiya unit (TBLE Series) suits many situations but is not water proof. Where a model number is shown (e.g. 20 or 15) that is the motor capacity of the unit - the lower the number, the more powerful a motor you can install later. All work with the motor in the kit.
Battery: The higher the number, the longer the run time.
Charger: Charge time is proportional to the battery you choose. Some examples - for the 1800 battery (others will take longer) - USB charger takes around 4 hours, Mid Speed around 2 to 3 hours, Mistral 5 Amp Mains can be as quick as 25 minutes in the house and Hyper Delta around 30 minutes (if in the car, takes around an hour in the house).