Here we have a completely straight-forward two box Tamiya RC car kit - a great way of starting out.
The car included is the popular scale model Land Rover Defender 90 - an absolute classic. The car includes Tamiya's own electronic speed controller module - this connects the motor (in the kit) to the receiver (in the electrical pack) and gives you totally controllable speed at anything from a crawl to flat out, plus a reduced speed reverse and actual working electronic brakes to slow you down quickly without skidding.
The electrical pack is an all-in-one-box package from Carson - otherwise known as Tamiya Germany. This box contains a two stick style traditional handset, a receiver, a steering servo, a battery for the car, batteries for the handset and a UK mains charger.
The radio system is on the modern digital 2.4Ghz system - the same frequency used by many Wifi systems - just like Wifi, there is no interference with this system and you can run as many radios as you like at the same time, nothing special needs to be set, and no need to change anything - unlike the older radios that needed "crystals" swapping, with this digital system it is all taken care of for you.
As this package comes with a factory packed box of radio system, battery, charger and so on, we can't offer upgrades or different batteries/chargers and so on - if you want to though, please search our site for LAND ROVER CUSTOM - you will then be presented with a page where you can choose your own mix of radios/batteries/chargers should you want to make up a different mix. If you wish to add a bearing pack to this car (roller bearings for the axles and gearbox - entirely optional) an option is offered below.
MANUFACTURER'S DESCRIPTION FOLLOWS
Another big name joins the world of Tamiya R/C: the Land Rover Defender is an enduring vehicle that traces it's lineage back to the original Land Rover cars first released in the immediate post-WWII era.
This model recreates an early version of the Defender 90 (so named on account of it's wheelbase length), the shorter wheel base variant of the car.
• This is a 1/10 scale R/C model assembly kit. Length: 457mm, width: 200mm, height: 214mm, wheelbase: 242mm.
• The classic Defender 90 form is accurately captured by the polycarbonate body, with slide moulding used for great detail such as rear panel surfaces.
• Includes separately moulded parts for grille, side mirrors, light cases and tire cover.
• Includes LED lights.
• Matt plated wheels are paired with realistic tires featuring authentic tread pattern.
• Highly reliable CC-01 chassis features a full-time 4WD system and front double wishbone, rear 4-link rigid suspension equipped with 4 CVA oil dampers.
• An expansive range of option parts is available to customize the CC-01 chassis.
CC-01 Chassis is Tamiya’s ultimate platform for mounting precise scale renditions of off road classics.
With built in wheel arches, sealed front and rear gear boxes with precision engineered differentials and shaft driven 4WD via universal joints, it replicates all the rugged realism of the Defender 90 – as such it is the ultimate platform to carry this iconic body.